Ms. Blabey’s practice includes estate planning, probate, trust administration, conservatorship, charitable planning, and taxation matters. Her practice focuses on all aspects of estate planning including creating wills, trusts, charitable trusts, health care directives, durable powers of attorney, deeds, and other estate planning instruments. She works with clients to create a cohesive estate plan, helping individuals update their retirement plan and life insurance designations, making sure there is alignment between their financial assets and the ultimate disposition provided for in the documents. She facilitates discussions for families regarding wealth preservation and transfer strategies between generations and to charitable organizations. Another focus area to her practice is planned giving, where she helps local non-profit organizations to create planned giving programs and helps individuals craft charitable trusts or other planned giving vehicles as a component of their estate plan.
In addition to lifetime estate planning, she handles probates and trust administrations. Ms. Blabey helps executors, trustees, and beneficiaries navigate through the various steps of the probate process or a trust administration including the filing of federal estate tax returns, court petitions and filings, sub-trust funding, real property transactions, business succession planning, and estate distribution issues.
Ms. Blabey joined Price, Postel & Parma in 2005. She previously worked for the law firm of Warren, Hensley and Bowen in Boston, MA, where she was involved in a wide range of legal matters, including civil litigation, estate planning, and real estate transactions. Ms. Blabey is a native of Santa Barbara, where she attended Laguna Blanca School.
- Middlebury College, Middlebury, VT (B.A., 1999)
- Suffolk University Law School, Boston, MA (J.D., cum laude, 2003)
- Member – International Law School Association
- Member – Intellectual Property Law School Association
- The State Bar of California
- Santa Barbara County Bar Association
- Massachusetts State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Santa Barbara Women Lawyers
- Laguna Blanca School
- President of the Alumni Association
- Planned Giving Council Co-Chair
- Development/Laguna Fund Committee
- Alumni Representative to Board of Trustees (2006-2008)
- Cancer Foundation of Santa Barbara – Trustee
- First Presbyterian Church of Santa Barbara – Planned Giving Committee
- Middlebury College – Alumni Interviewer, Southern California Region
- The Junior League of Santa Barbara – Sustaining Member; Strategic Planning Chair; Nominating Committee
- American Heart Association – Planned Giving Committee (2008 – 2011)
- Santa Barbara Lawyer Magazine – Assistant Editor, Contributor (2006 – 2011)
- Santa Barbara Music & Arts Conservatory – Board of Trustees (2005 – 2013)