Ms. Fassett’s practice emphasizes litigation including all aspects of labor and employment law, intellectual property, business divorce, and financial institutions, as well as trust and estate litigation. She also represents creditor’s rights in bankruptcy proceedings.
Her employment practice includes wrongful termination and discrimination, wage claims, labor practices, disability issues, privacy issues, and appropriate use and protection of intellectual property. Her practice involves litigating these issues in State and Federal Court, as well as in administrative proceedings. Ms. Fassett also counsels public and private employers on preventative personnel practices, drafting and implementation of appropriate personnel policies and procedures, and investigation of claims.
Ms. Fassett represents private companies and public entities, including acting as litigation counsel and coordinating legal affairs, providing employment advice and representation, handling complex tort litigation, and assisting them in the protection of intellectual property and other corporate assets.
- University of New Mexico (B.A., J.D.)
- New Mexico
- United States District Court for the District of New Mexico
- United States District Court for the Northern, Central, and Southern Districts of California
- Court of Appeal, 9th and 10th Circuits
- The State Bar of California (member, sections on Business Law and Litigation; Education Committee)
- State Bar of New Mexico
- American Bar Association
- Santa Barbara County Bar Association (Director, Officer and Co-Chair, (1998-Present; President 2009)
- Member of the Conference of Delegates for the Santa Barbara County Bar Assoc., (1998-2010)
- Lobero Theatre Foundation (Director, Officer, and Secretary)
- Wood Glen Hall (Secretary, Director)
- Lobero Theatre Foundation
- Wood Glen Hall