Mr. Schwartz has handled a wide variety of disputed matters. His experience has involved complex multiparty litigation in numerous state and federal courts. He has handled cases involving employment discrimination, retaliation, and harassment; environmental law and water basin adjudication cases; business and commercial litigation; matters involving the hospitality industry; partnership and corporate matters; construction industry cases for public and private owners, as well as national contractors and suretys; and many other matters.
He is currently Chair of the firm’s Litigation Department, and heads the firm’s Employment Practices Group and the Construction Industry Practices Group.
- University of California at Santa Barbara (B.A., 1968)
- University of California at Los Angeles (J.D., 1974)
- Chief Articles Editor, UCLA Law Review
- U.S. District Court for the Northern, Central, and Eastern Districts of California, the District of Arizona, and for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. Circuit Courts of Appeal for the Ninth and Sixth Circuits
- U.S. Supreme Court
- The State Bar of California
- Santa Barbara County Bar Association
- Santa Barbara Zoo Board of Directors (President 2007-2008)
- United States Navy, Lieutenant (1968-1971)