Timothy M. Cary is a seasoned attorney who offers specialized expertise in the representation of public entities, school districts, and public employees. His experience includes employee discipline and release; certificated and classified layoff proceedings; labor arbitrations and grievances, including unfair labor practice proceedings before PERB; labor negotiations, including impasse mediation; administrator contract negotiations; procurement and public bidding issues; government contracts; construction disputes and litigation; facilities construction issues; real property acquisition; defense and resolution of DFEH complaints; board policy analysis and drafting; workers’ compensation issues; personnel and public records issues; workplace violence injunctions; and legislative analysis.
Mr. Cary was the lead attorney in recovering millions of dollars for a public school district from its defunct construction management company in the context of complex civil and bankruptcy litigation. The dispute involved complex issues revolving around construction bonding requirements in public works contracts, breach of contract disputes and professional negligence claims.
Adding to his perspective on public entity representation, Mr. Cary has served as an elected member of the Buckeye Union School District Board of Trustees and the El Dorado Union School District Board of Trustees for 26 years. As a current Board member, Mr. Cary has been integrally involved in employment issues, labor negotiations, and an active facilities program.
- University of Virginia School of Law (J.D., Order of the Coif, 1986)
- Indiana University (B.A., Double Major, 1978)
- United States District Court, Northern, Central, and Eastern Districts of California
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Washington
- The State Bar of California
- Trustee, El Dorado Union High School District
- Member, El Dorado County School Boards Association
- Board President, Forestry Educators Inc.