Tel: (805) 962-0011, ext. 115
Fax: (805) 965-3978
AREAS OF PRACTICE
Land Use and Zoning
Public Agency Law
Ms. Basham’s practice focuses on land use, zoning and environmental law related to real estate development. She practices before city and county boards and commissions and handles civil litigation arising from land use and CEQA matters, particularly writ of mandate proceedings. She also provides a broad range of legal services as counsel to public agencies and special districts.
Prior to joining Price, Postel & Parma, Ms. Basham practiced law in Boston, Massachusetts for a decade. Her practice focused primarily on general civil litigation, complex business litigation and land use disputes. In addition, she provided general counsel services to several community hospitals and represented physicians in administrative and peer review proceedings.
Ms. Basham has extensive experience as an elected legislator, having served nine consecutive two-year terms on the Board of Aldermen of the City of Newton, Massachusetts. As chairman of the Board’s Land Use Committee from 1988 through 2003, she was responsible for overseeing the Board’s review of development proposals consistent with its responsibility as a special permit granting authority under state and local laws.
Ms. Basham completed a twelve-year career in health care management before becoming an attorney, during which she assisted entrepreneurial companies, hospital associations, and physicians in the development of mobile and free-standing diagnostic centers.
Ms. Basham is admitted to practice before the courts of the states of California and Massachusetts.
- University of California at Santa Barbara (B.A.)
- University of Connecticut (M.A.)
- Boston University (M.B.A.)
- Suffolk University Law School (J.D., cum laude)
- United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- The State Bar of California
- Santa Barbara County Bar Association
- The Land Trust for Santa Barbara County (Trustee, 2008 – 2014)
- Santa Barbara Club Preservation Foundation (Trustee, 2015 – 2017)