Mr. Pontifex is a retired partner at the firm. Over the course of his career Mr. Pontifex was chair of the firm’s Business and Real Estate Group. He represented a broad spectrum of clients, including private and nonprofit corporations, partnerships, banks, landowners, entrepreneurs, investors, and many other individuals and businesses. His transaction-focused practice was diverse, encompassing business and corporate transactions, real estate, environmental law, insurance coverage, and contracts of almost every type. Prior to joining the firm, he practiced law in British Columbia.
- University of British Columbia (B.A., 1974; LL.B., 1977)
- The State Bar of California
- Santa Barbara County Bar Association (former Director and Conference of Delegates Chair)
- Transactional Law Editor for Santa Barbara Lawyer magazine (2001-2004)
- Institute for American Research (Director, 2000-2009)
- Legal Aid Foundation of Santa Barbara County (Director, 1993-1999)
- Barristers Club of Santa Barbara (President, 1991)