Mr. Pontifex is a retired partner and serves as Of Counsel to the Firm. Mr. Pontifex has practiced with Price, Postel and Parma since 1988 and was formerly chair of the firm’s Business and Real Estate Group. His transaction-focused practice is diverse, encompassing business and corporate transactions, real estate, environmental law, insurance coverage, and contracts of almost every type.
Mr. Pontifex has represented a broad spectrum of clients, including private and nonprofit corporations, partnerships, banks, landowners, entrepreneurs, investors, and many other individuals and businesses. Prior to joining the firm, he practiced law in British Columbia.
- University of British Columbia (B.A., 1974; LL.B., 1977)
- The State Bar of California
- Santa Barbara County Bar Association (former Director and Conference of Delegates Chair)
- Transactional Law Editor for Santa Barbara Lawyer magazine (2001-2004)
- Institute for American Research (Director, 2000-2009)
- Legal Aid Foundation of Santa Barbara County (Director, 1993-1999)
- Barristers Club of Santa Barbara (President, 1991)