Mr. Stone handles all aspects of real estate, land use, public entity, and estate planning/trust administration matters. His clients span from individuals and families to businesses and public agencies.
In his real estate practice, Mr. Stone focuses on real estate acquisition, disposition, financing, entitlement/zoning, and leasing and operations for commercial, residential and agricultural property. He advises clients regarding drafting, negotiating, and interpreting leases, purchase agreements, easements, licenses, and loan documents. From a litigation standpoint, Mr. Stone handles boundary, easement, HOA, and partition actions/disputes and has wide-ranging experience representing both lessors and lessees in unlawful detainer actions and lease disputes (including disputes involving government subsidized and affordable housing).
In representing public entities, Mr. Stone advises boards and staff regarding a wide variety of transactional and compliance matters. This includes the negotiation, drafting, and interpretation of contracts (such as professional and general service agreements, construction contracts, memorandum of understanding, and ground leases) and the preparation of related staff reports and resolutions.
Drawing on the skills he utilizes in his real estate and transactional work, Mr. Stone’s practice also involves estate planning and trust administration. Mr. Stone prepares estate planning instruments, structures and implements planning strategies to facilitate tax-efficient transfers, oversees the distribution of assets, and litigates disputes regarding claims for reimbursement.
- University of California, San Diego (B.A. in Sociology and Law & Society, 2014)
- University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law (J.D., with Great Distinction, Environmental Law Concentration, 2018)
- United States District Court, Central District of California
- United States District Court, Northern District of California
- The State Bar of California
- Montecito Trails Foundation – Board Member/Secretary
- Santa Cruz Island Foundation – Advisory Council