Mr. Slaughter has more than 40 years of experience in achieving solutions for clients engaged in business and real estate matters.
In the business law area, he advises clients on the choice and structure of business entities, their formation and their day-to-day operation. Operational issues include internal management, buy-sell agreements, and ownership succession. Mr. Slaughter advises clients on financing structures and facilities including the private placement of securities and venture capital investment. He also advises clients about advantageous strategies for a sale of the company, including the sale of assets, the sale of a company’s stock, and mergers and acquisitions.
Mr. Slaughter also handles complex real estate transactions involving high-value residences and commercial properties. This includes all areas of real estate acquisition, disposition, financing, and operation. He is involved in lease planning, negotiation, and drafting. He handles issues related to ground leasing and financing. He also advises clients on strategies for the disposition of real estate, including tax-deferred exchanges.
- University of California at Santa Barbara (B.A., 1969)
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law (J.D., 1974)
- The State Bar of California
- The Santa Barbara County Bar Association
- Montecito Retirement Association (Casa Dorinda), Director (2003-2008)
- Girls, Inc., President, (1992-1994); Director (1983-1998)
- Montecito Association, Director (1995-1999)
- Birnam Wood Golf Club, Director (1997-2000, 2004-2007, 2011 – 2014, 2015-Present)
- United States Army Reserve, 1969-1978, Captain, ret.