Price, Postel & Parma LLP’s Education Law Group offers to school district and school district administrators extensive experience in dealing with the myriad of issues that confront school districts on a daily basis. We deal with the full range of school district issues, including:
- Labor relations, including collective bargaining, grievances, labor arbitrations, unfair labor practices complaints, and impasse procedures.
- Employment law, including all aspects of the hiring, discipline, and dismissal of certificated and classified employees, and conducting discrimination investigations.
- Guidance to board members, including on governance issues and on interpreting and implementing the Brown Act.
- Board Policy and Statutory Analysis: Our attorneys offer lengthy experience in analyzing and drafting board policies, and in statutory analysis.
- Specialized school district administrator contract advice, including negotiating Superintendent contracts, and legal assistance with hiring and terminating school administrators.
- School construction law, including extensive experience drafting construction contracts, and conducting school construction litigation.
- Student discipline: Attorneys in our Education Law Group provide legal advice on a multitude of student discipline issues.
- School District Litigation: Our attorneys have aggressively represented school districts and school district administrators in defending and prosecuting a multitude of litigated cases, including wrongful termination, employment discrimination, construction litigation, and other issues.
Our Education Law Group’s experience also includes many years of providing expertise to school districts and other public entities in real property acquisition, public procurement law issues, and taxation and developer fee issues.