Ms. Boyd’s practice focuses primarily on education and employment law. She has handled employment and labor matters for a variety of public and private clients on issues including employee discipline, grievances, DFEH complaints, investigations, negotiations, workers’ compensation issues, mediation, and arbitration. Ms. Boyd’s experience in public entity law includes application and analysis of the Brown Act, the Government Claims Act, the Public Records Act, the Political Reform Act, and the Education Employment Relations Act, among other applicable laws.
In addition, Ms. Boyd has practiced civil litigation from pre-litigation consultation to resolution, including discovery, law and motion, mediation, trial, and writs and appeals. Ms. Boyd’s background in civil defense gives her the unique advantage of spotting issues early on for both potential plaintiffs and defendants, and the corresponding skills to resolve these issues. Litigation is the last resort, and Ms. Boyd has extensive experience negotiating to resolve matters as effectively and efficiently as possible. If litigation becomes necessary, Ms. Boyd has the analytical skills to carry cases through trial and appeal.
- University of California, Santa Barbara, (B.A. magna cum laude in Psychology and Italian Studies)
- Santa Clara University School of Law, (J.D., cum laude 2010, Order of the Coif)
- California State Bar
- United States Central District Court
- The State Bar of California
- Santa Barbara County Bar Association
- Santa Barbara Women Lawyers
- Santa Ynez Valley Bar Association
- Santa Barbara Barristers (Past Treasurer)
- Santa Barbara Women Lawyers (Past President)
- Santa Ynez Valley Bar Association (Past Secretary )