Price, Postel & Parma LLP’s Litigation Practice Group has broad experience handling adversary proceedings in both state and federal courts in California and throughout the United States. The attorneys working in this area are engaged in both trial, arbitral and appellate practice.
The firm’s litigation practice includes commercial, civil, and business litigation in nearly every industry. The attorneys in the Litigation Practice Group represent individuals, public entities, corporations, businesses, and non-profit entities in disputed matters arising in such diverse fields as:
- employment counseling and defense (exclusively on behalf of management),
- construction projects and surety bonds,
- business and real estate transactions,
- environmental matters,
- eminent domain and inverse condemnation,
- real property and land use disputes,
- professional errors and omissions,
- first amendment and media issues, and
- intellectual property and trade secrets.
Members of the Group have particular expertise handling complex litigation matters and have developed a unique team approach combining the talents of senior and junior attorneys, paralegals, clerks, and other staff to provide the highest caliber representation as economically as possible.
Over the years, attorneys in the Litigation Practice Group have participated successfully in:
- the defense of both public and private employers in labor and employment disputes,
- the defense of attorneys, real estate brokers, engineers, and other professionals charged with malpractice,
- disputed marital and family law proceedings,
- probate, estate and trust litigation,
- construction litigation involving major hotel, hospital, and other projects, both public and private,
- major eminent domain matters,
- water law cases (including water basin adjudications),
- toxic contamination and hazardous materials clean-up cases throughout California and elsewhere, and
- prosecuting and defending products liability and personal injury cases,
- disputes involving misappropriation and protection of trade secrets and intellectual property.