Mr. Fisher’s practice involves all aspects of estate planning, including the preparation of revocable trusts, irrevocable trusts, wills, durable powers of attorney, agreements and other estate planning instruments. In addition, Mr. Fisher devotes considerable time to structuring and implementing sophisticated planning techniques and strategies designed to accomplish tax-efficient wealth transfer within families and to charitable organizations.
Mr. Fisher routinely advises and counsels trustees, executors, conservators, and beneficiaries with respect to the administration of trusts and estates and in resolving disputes that arise during the administration process. These matters include preparation of court petitions, postmortem tax planning including preparation of estate and gift tax returns, establishment and funding of subtrusts, analysis regarding the timing and amount of distributions, consideration of principal and income issues, preparation of trust accountings, drafting of agreements between parties, and determination and resolution of issues concerning title to property.
Mr. Fisher also forms and counsels charitable organizations, including private foundations, charitable trusts and nonprofit corporations. In addition to the initial formation of the entity, such matters include applying for and obtaining exemptions from federal and state taxes and advising organizations with respect to general tax compliance and nonprofit corporate law.
- University of California, San Diego (B.A., 1995)
- Santa Clara University School of Law (J.D., 1998)
- University of Washington School of Law (LL.M., Taxation, 1999)
- The State Bar of California
- Santa Barbara County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Ganna Walska Lotusland
- Board of Trustees and Executive Committee (2008-2018)
- Planned Giving Task Force (2019-current)
- Sattler Beneficial Trust
- Board of Trustees (2014-current)
- Family Service Agency
- Board of Directors (2004-2008)
- Diabetes Resource Center of Santa Barbara County
- Board of Directors (2000-2004)